Call for Abstracts:
The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations at the 2019 Michigan Nursing Summit, held October 17-18 in Dearborn, MI. Accepted poster authors will receive a $50 discount off the registration price to attend the conference. If your poster is selected for a PowerPoint presentation, the presenter will receive a complimentary registration.
The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations related to the Summit theme or on the following topics:
Guidelines for preparing an abstract:
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words, excluding title and author information.
- Research or Evidence Based Practice abstracts should include: question/problem; purpose; design; methods; sample description; key findings; results.
- QI project abstracts should include: background; objective/aim; QI methods; results; conclusions.
- Do not cite or include references, bibliography, tables, brand or trade names.
- Do not include personal, contact, identifying, or affiliation information on the abstract page.
- Abstract material may have been presented or published previously.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Indicate whether or not you would like to be considered for one of three spots to present your research on Friday morning. Abstract reviewers will choose three posters for a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation (15 minutes with 5 minutes for Q&A).
Abstract Submission and Acceptance Process:
- Submit a cover page as a separate document which includes: abstract title, name of author/researcher, credentials, affiliation, and contact information (email; phone).
- Only one author should be identified as the presenter and make the presentation.
- Only one author should submit the abstract for review.
- An author may not present more than 2 accepted abstracts.
- All communications will be directed to the presenting author only.
- If successfully reviewed, final abstract acceptance will be conditional until Summit Registration and Fee is received from the presenting author. All authors accepted will receive a discounted registration to the Summit.
- Co-authors may be listed on multiple abstracts.
- Do not submit the same abstract with different author names.
- Poster presenters assume all costs related to poster preparation, travel, and related expenses.
- All authors/researchers attending the Summit must register individually.
- Email notification of conditional acceptance will be sent to the contact person by July 15, 2019.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM EDT, June 15, 2019 to: Kristin.Sewell@mhc.org. Include the words “abstract submission” in the subject line of your email.
Review Criteria for Poster Abstracts:
For QI Projects – Clarity/Quality of Background, Objective/Aim, QI Methods, Results, and Conclusions For Research Abstracts or Evidence Based Practice Abstracts – Clarity/Quality of Question/Problem, Purpose, Design, Methods/Sample Description, and Key Findings/Results For Both – Relevance to recommended topics, overall originality and significance
NEW THIS YEAR: Attendees will vote by secret ballot on the best poster (i.e., excellence in research, data analysis, and clarity of presentation). One award will be given to the author or group of authors. • Posters must be available for viewing Thursday, October 17 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM AND Friday, October 18 from 8:00 AM to 2pm. • Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and taking down posters at designated times. • One easel will be available for each poster. Maximum poster size is: 5 X 6 feet; no exceptions. • Posters must be of sturdy material, like foam board, which can stand on the easel with no additional support. Summit organizers may not have extra foam boards or clips available.
Benefits of Presenting:
Add to your professional portfolio or résumé. Share your research/QI project with an audience. Disseminate your findings/results. Receive feedback from colleagues. Expand career opportunities. Learn from others’ experiences. Learn about diverse research/QI methods.
Abstract submission deadline — June 15, 2019 by 11:59 PM EDT to Kristin.Sewell@mhc.org Abstract conditional acceptance notification — July 15, 2019 sent via email to primary contact. Purchase tickets before August 1, 2019 to receive Early Bird Pricing.
REGISTER NOW - CLICK HERE