SAVE THE DATE!
October 17-18, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Dearborn Address: 5801 Southfield Fwy, Detroit, MI 48228 Phone: (313) 336-3340 Book Here for Group Rate: doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/D/DTTDBDT-MNS-20191016/index.jhtml
The Michigan Center for Nursing’s Michigan Nursing Summit is an annual event that convenes nurses from all over the state of Michigan. This year’s Summit will equip nurses with knowledge to promote understanding of underlying health factors, and the impact that these have on patient interactions and outcomes. Topics will include: • Unconscious Biases • Cultural Congruency • Food Insecurity and Wellness • LGBT+ Aging • Cannabis • Behavioral Health and Recognizing Crisis • Creating Healthy Work Environments • Humor, Self-Care, and Resiliency • Academic Research • Professional Longevity *Nurses, Nursing Students, Educators, Clinicians, Researchers, and Community Partners attend the Summit from all over the state of Michigan and neighboring states.*
1. Understanding unconscious biases, cultural congruency, and the socio-historical contexts that impact provider-patient communication and quality of care. 2. Current healthcare trends and issues requiring nursing leadership for individual patients, systems, and vulnerable populations. 3. Techniques for professional resiliency, self-care, and workplace harmony and ways to integrate these techniques into practice.
This activity will be submitted to the Midwest Multistate Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. For more information regarding contact hours, please call Kristin Sewell at 517-908-8243.
- Nurse Planner: Sue Moran MPH, BSN Former Deputy Director, Population Health and Community Services, Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- Nurse Content Expert: Sandra Schmitt BSN, RN, Program Coordinator - Patient & Family Centered Care, Beaumont Health Trenton
- Remy Bruder DNP, RN Provost/VPAA, Rochester University
- Ericka Brunson Gillespie DNP, RN, ACACNP-BC Interventional Radiology, Michigan Medicine
Click here to learn more about last year's Michigan Nursing Summit. #### **_REGISTER NOW - CLICK HERE_** #### Here’s what nurses are saying:
- “The summit content [had a] good range of relevant topics. I also liked short break between each presentation.”
- “[The best part was] the humor that was brought in so many lectures. I was not expecting to laugh so much, but it makes the learning more enjoyable and more realistic for those of us who try to find the light side of things.”
- “This was the first one I have been able to attend. I have been a nurse for over 10 years and I was very impressed with all of the speakers. Having Barb be the end speaker was wonderful and she had everyone laughing and having such a great time but learning so many things at the same time as well.”
- “I think this was the best Summit that I ever attended. I will put this on my planner for next year for sure.”
- “The speakers were outstanding!”“[The best part was the] variety of topics presented. It was nice that some Public Health perspective/topics were included.”
- “[The best part was the] collaboration that occurs when you interact with other nurses from a variety of disciplines.”
- “The whole summit was great. Probably one of the best nursing conferences that I ever attended. This is because you covered extremely current topics and had the finest speakers to discuss this with us. The speakers were engaging and really knew their material. Wonderful.”