Call for Abstracts:
Accepting abstracts April 1- June 1, 2020
The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations at the 2020 Michigan Nursing Summit, held October 29-30 in Grand Rapids, MI. Accepted poster authors will receive a $50 discount off the registration, and are eligible for the early-bird registration rate if registered by August 1.
If your poster is selected for a podium presentation, the presenter will receive complimentary registration. The main author of posters chosen for podium presentation to the audience will have a short turn-around time to submit a required biographical and conflict of interest form. The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations related to the Summit theme or on the following topics:
- Public-population health
- Health equity/inequity
- Social justice
- Client centered care
- Nursing education
- Nursing practice
- Interprofessional education
- Poster presenters assume all costs related to poster preparation, travel, and related expenses. All authors/researchers attending the Summit must register individually.
- Attendees will vote by secret ballot on the best poster (i.e., excellence in research, data analysis, and clarity of presentation). One award will be given to the author or group of authors. At least one author from the winning poster must be present during the announcement in order to receive the prize.
- Posters must be available for viewing Thursday, October 29 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM AND Friday, October 30 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and taking down posters at designated times.
- One easel will be available for each poster. Maximum poster size is: 5 X 6 feet; no exceptions.
- Posters must be of sturdy material, like foam board, which can stand on the easel with no additional support. Summit organizers may not have extra foam boards or clips available.
Benefits of Presenting:
Add to your professional portfolio or résumé. Share your research/QI project with an audience. Disseminate your findings/results. Receive feedback from colleagues. Expand career opportunities. Learn from others’ experiences. Learn about diverse research/QI methods.
- Abstracts due: June 1, 2020
- Early bird pricing ends: August 1, 2020; register here