SAVE THE DATE!
October 29-30, 2020
Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids-Airport Address: 5700 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Phone: 616-957-1770
The Michigan Center for Nursing’s Michigan Nursing Summit is an annual event that convenes nurses from all over the state of Michigan. The Summit equips nurses with knowledge to promote understanding of underlying health factors, and the impact that these have on patient interactions and outcomes regardless of setting. We aim to provide the knowledge and tools for academic, administrators, and bedside nurses to meet patients where they are.
Nurses, Nursing Students, Educators, Clinicians, Researchers, and Community Partners attend the Summit from all over the state of Michigan and neighboring states.
This activity will be submitted the Midwest Multistate Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. For more information regarding contact hours, please call Kristin Sewell at 517-908-8243.
- Nurse Planner: Sue Moran MPH, BSN Former Deputy Director, Population Health and Community Services, Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- Nurse Content Expert: Ericka Brunson Gillespie DNP, RN, ACACNP-BC Interventional Radiology, Michigan Medicine
- Remy Bruder DNP, RN Provost/VPAA, Rochester University
Here’s what nurses are saying:
- “The summit content [had a] good range of relevant topics. I also liked short break between each presentation.”
- “[The best part was] the humor that was brought in so many lectures. I was not expecting to laugh so much, but it makes the learning more enjoyable and more realistic for those of us who try to find the light side of things.”
- “This was the first one I have been able to attend. I have been a nurse for over 10 years and I was very impressed with all of the speakers. Having Barb be the end speaker was wonderful and she had everyone laughing and having such a great time but learning so many things at the same time as well.”
- “I think this was the best Summit that I ever attended. I will put this on my planner for next year for sure.”
- “The speakers were outstanding!”“[The best part was the] variety of topics presented. It was nice that some Public Health perspective/topics were included.”
- “[The best part was the] collaboration that occurs when you interact with other nurses from a variety of disciplines.”
- “The whole summit was great. Probably one of the best nursing conferences that I ever attended. This is because you covered extremely current topics and had the finest speakers to discuss this with us. The speakers were engaging and really knew their material. Wonderful.”