Call for Abstracts
The Michigan Center for Nursing and the Michigan Nursing Action Coalition welcomes abstracts for poster presentations. Accepted poster authors will receive a $50 discount off the registration to Achieving Health Equity through Growth, Innovation, and Reflection a virtual conference on October 22, 2021.
The Michigan Center for Nursing and the Michigan Nursing Action Coalition welcome abstracts for poster presentations related to the Health Equity or on the following topics:
The deadline to submit has been EXTENDED to August 15, 2021. Posters are reviewed by a double-blind, independent committee composed of nurses who will select abstracts based upon topic relevance and quality of the abstracts. Email notification of conditional acceptance will be sent to the contact person.
Posters must be submitted as PowerPoint presentations. Posters will be displayed on the Michigan Health Council YouTube channel with author narration, and the videos will be published as enduring content on the Michigan Nursing Action Coalition website. Features include an embedded video, a downloadable PDF of the abstract, and the author(s) names and credentials, title of the poster, and institutional affiliations. One author from each poster must make him or herself available to be interviewed via Zoom. Interviews will be conducted during the month of August without exception.
Benefits of Presenting:
Guidelines for Preparing an Abstract:
1. Abstracts are limited to 300 words, excluding title and author information.
2. Research or Evidence-Based Practice abstracts should include: question/problem; purpose; design; methods; sample description; key findings; results.
3. QI project abstracts should include: background; objective/aim; QI methods; results; conclusions.
4. Do not cite or include references, bibliography, tables, brand, or trade names.
5. Do not include personal, contact, identifying, or affiliation information on the abstract page. Submit a cover page as a separate document which includes: abstract title, name of author/ researcher, credentials, affiliation, and contact information (email; phone).
6. Abstract material may have been presented or published previously.
Please submit abstracts to Brenda.Mazuca@mhc.org.