Questions include educational programs, licensing, and scope of practice.
1. Where can I find information about becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA?)
Check out this website. It provides a plethora of information for potential CNA candidates and existing CNAs. Learn about CNA schools in the U.S., job postings, training and classes, certification exam requirements by state, and more.
2. To obtain a nursing license in Michigan, candidates must be educated at a school approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing. Which schools are approved by the Board of Nursing?
For a list of Michigan Board of Nursing approved schools, go here. Licensing questions should be directed to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing. The phone number is 517-335-0918.
3. How can I apply for NCLEX testing in order to obtain my nursing license in Michigan?
The Bureau of Professional Licensing of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs oversees licensing for nurses. Visit this site to learn more. This web page includes a link to the Pearson testing center, and customer services has an online chat option for quick access.
4. Are Michigan NCLEX pass rates available to the public?
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing, oversees licensing for nurses and has information about NCLEX on their website. The phone number is 517-335-0918.
5. How can I find information about scope of practice for nursing staff; for example, RNs delegating to nursing assistants or administration of medicines by nursing assistants?
All scope of practices concerns should be directed to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing, at email@example.com or 517-335-0918.
6. I am moving to Michigan and want to become a licensed nurse in your state. What is the process?
Please visit the Michigan Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing's website. Their phone number is 517-335-0918 and their email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. For frequently asked questions of the Bureau of Professional Licensing, go here.