Nurse Manager Kresge, Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center
To be considered, apply at: https://umrc.com/employment/job-listings/external-listings/
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus
At Kresge, our staff provides a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort. Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, Competitive Wages, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation, Wellness Programming and Incentives. 403B Retirement Savings Plan with an employer match.
The Nurse Manager, under the direction of the Director of Nursing, will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the Kresge, Skilled Care Center. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
• Promote culture change and household model implementation and success
• Participates in daily team huddles and other staff meetings to discuss medical staff concerns, admissions and discharges, medication updates, the schedule, and to mitigate negative outcomes with input and updates from staff
• Supervises all direct care staff, including Nurses and Certified Nurse Assistants
• Acts as liaison with pharmacy
• Assesses the need for and coordinates in-service education and training for staff
• Provides competency checks for staff as required/needed
• Collaborates with Administrator, Director of Nursing and Quality Team for all clinical QAPI activities
• Recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports
• Provides medication management, including gathering of initial medication list at time of enrollment, and communicates needs and follows up with pharmacy. Provides medication education to resident and/or family as needed
• Provides resident and family education in coordination of 24-hour care delivery
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
1) Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program or Associate Degree in Nursing (RN) program.
2) Current active and unrestricted RN license or LPN license in the State of Michigan.
3) Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
4) At least one (1) year as a Unit/Nurse Manager or the equivalent.
5) A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with the elder population.
*Qualified applicants that have not worked for the organization previously are eligible for the sign-on bonus.
1) A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred.
2) Previous experience as a Nurse Manager in a Skilled Nursing Facility or a Continuing Care Retirement Community is preferred.
Chelsea Retirement Community United Methodist Retirement Communities
With a tradition of excellent service, a staff that treats residents like family, and a commitment to cutting-edge care, United Methodist Retirement Communities is proud to celebrate 110 years as a leader in its field. We offer our residents a wide range of maintenance-free and amenity-rich senior living options, and a full continuum of care should needs arise in the future.
The moment you step foot in Chelsea Retirement Community, you will feel something special. From the beautiful surroundings to the warm welcome you’ll receive from our staff and residents, this community offers a wealth of opportunities that will complement your lifestyle. We invite you to experience Chelsea Retirement Community – a great place to call home.
805 West Middle St
Chelsea, MI 48118