CRNA (CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST)
Uses sound clinical judgement, critical thinking and nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient care. Assesses, monitors, plans and takes appropriate action to prevent potential physiological and/or psychosocial complications while promoting an optimal level of health. Is accountable for integration of patient care of all clinical providers within their scope of practice, licensure, relevant education and experience. Maintains positive interaction with patient, significant others and members of the health care team to effectively provide quality care. Works effectively with others to achieve a perception of professionalism, superior service and teamwork. Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Knowledge of nursing theory at a level normally acquired through completion of an accredited educational program in nursing.
2. State of Michigan Registered Nursing License.
3. BLS certification at time of hire and renewed every 2 years. If the RN has successfully completed an ACLS course that includes BLS (e.g., Baker), a separate BLS certification is not required.
4. ACLS certification within 6 months of start date and renewed every 2 years for RN’s providing moderate sedation, working as primary RN in PACU or responsible for call coverage.
5.ENPC or PALS certification within 6 months of start date for RN’s working PACU; ENPC renewed every 4 years or PALS renewed every 2 years.
6. Up to 6 months orientation necessary to gain knowledge of Hospital/department policies, procedures, equipment etc. and to attain competency in performance of duties.
7. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with healthcare team.
8. Critical thinking skills necessary to assess, plan, direct and delegate patient care.
9. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
10. Ability to lift and maneuver equipment; ability to position and transfer patients using assistive devices and proper body mechanics.
11. Ability to utilize sensory skills for clinical and environmental assessment.
12. Ability to provide care for patients in the following age groups per unit scope of service: Infant - Birth to 1 year; Child – 2 to 12 years; Adolescent – 13 to 18 years; Adult – 19 to 65 years; Geriatric – over 65 years.
Please apply online at: https://www.myomh.org/job-opportunities/
Otsego Memorial Hospital
825 N Center Ave
Gaylord, MI 49735