WHAT IS THE IT TAKES A NURSE VIDEO CONTEST?
We can’t be a healthy nation without nurses.
Nurses go above and beyond to improve America’s health and well-being. In caring for their patients, solving problems, and showing leadership in their communities, they are demonstrating their superpowers every day.
This Nurses Week (May 6-12, 2018), the It Takes A Nurse community is launching a video contest. We want to highlight the unique ways nurses show their strengths – on or off the clock – whether through clinical care and leadership at medical practices, hospitals, schools, or workplaces; or through volunteer work or civic engagement like serving on an advisory board, participating in a community garden, creating a playground, or leading a walking group.
Chances are, you know – or you are – a person (or a team) who goes above and beyond to use their nursing skills to build a healthier community. Someone who has an inspiring story to share about the power of nursing.
It Takes a Nurse wants to hear your story.
Your video submission doesn’t need to be fancy. You can make it just by using your phone camera. It should be compelling and short, between 30 and 75 seconds long. It should highlight a unique way that nurses are helping to build a culture of health, in any setting. Make it memorable and celebrate the many roles that nurses play.
• First Place: The winning video will be professionally filmed (a crew will come to your location) and made into an educational video showing how “It Takes A Nurse” to build a culture of health. Winners will also receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse scrubs.
• Second & Third Place: Winners will receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse scrubs.
• 25 Runners-Up: Runners-up will receive limited-edition It Takes A Nurse water bottles.
HOW TO ENTER:
• Film a 30 to 75 second video with up to four people in it.
• Email it to ItTakesANurse@gmail.com by April 24, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET.
• Include the name, title, employer, date of birth, and contact information (address, email, and telephone) of all the entrants in the email.
Read the Official Contest Rules for more information.