The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations at the 2018 Nursing Summit, held October 18-19.
Accepted poster authors will receive a 50% discount off the regular registration price to attend the conference.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:
The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations related to the Summit agenda or on the following topics:
client centered care
- Abstracts of completed/in progress Research studies or completed Quality Improvement (QI) projects, or Evidence Based Practice Projects (EBP) on the topics listed above may be submitted.
Guidelines for preparing an abstract:
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words, excluding title and author information.
- Research or Evidence Based Practice abstracts should include: question/problem; purpose; design; methods; sample description; key findings; results.
- QI project abstracts should include: background; objective/aim; QI methods; results; conclusions.
- Do not cite or include references, bibliography, tables, brand or trade names.
- Do not include personal, contact, identifying, or affiliation information on the abstract page.
- Abstract material may have been presented or published previously.
Abstract Submission and Acceptance Process:
- Submit a cover page as a separate document which includes: abstract title, name of author/researcher, credentials, affiliation, and contact information (email; phone).
- Only one author can be identified as the presenter and make the presentation.
- Only one author should submit the abstract for review.
- An author may not present more than 2 accepted abstracts.
- All communications will be directed to the presenting author only.
- A BIO with contact information, plus conflict of interest (COI) form for the presenting author is required, and must be attached as a separate document. Qualification statements must be specific to the abstract, and describe how the presenter is qualified to present on the topic. For BIO/COI form see below.
- If successfully reviewed, final abstract acceptance will be conditional until Summit Registration and Fee is received from the presenting author. All authors accepted will receive a discounted registration to the Summit.
- Co-authors may be listed on multiple abstracts.
- Do not submit the same abstract with different author names.
- Poster presenters assume all costs related to poster preparation, travel, and related expenses.
- All authors/researchers attending the Summit must register individually.
- Email notification of conditional acceptance will be sent to the contact person by July 31, 2018.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 12:00 AM EDT, June 30, 2018 to: Kristin.Sewell@mhc.org.
Include the words “abstract submission” in the subject line of your email.
Review Criteria for Poster Abstracts:
For QI Projects – Clarity/Quality of Background, Objective/Aim, QI Methods, Results, and Conclusions
For Research Abstracts or Evidence Based Practice Abstracts – Clarity/Quality of Question/Problem, Purpose, Design, Methods/Sample Description, and Key Findings/Results
For Both – Relevance to recommended topics and Summit Culture of Health Theme, overall originality and significance
- Posters will be available for viewing Thursday, October 18 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (required) and Friday, October 19 from 8:00 AM to Noon (optional).
- Poster presenters may be available to discuss their work with Summit attendees during the last 15 minutes of the Thursday lunch break.
- Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and taking down posters at designated times.
- One easel will be available for each poster. Maximum poster size is: 5 X 6 feet; no exceptions.
- Posters must be of sturdy material, which can stand on the easel with no additional support.
Benefits of Presenting:
Share your research/QI project with an audience
Disseminate your findings/results
Receive feedback from colleagues
Expand career opportunities
Learn from others’ experiences
Learn about diverse research/QI methods
Review of important deadlines:
Abstract submission deadline—June 30, 2018 by 12:00 AM EDT to Kristin.Sewell@mhc.org
Abstract conditional acceptance notification—July 31, 2018 sent via email to primary contact
The BIO/COI form: